Our vision is to immerse our children in the world of science: to use experiential learning to promote natural curiosity, to know, understand and practice the 5 elements of science investigation and to develop a scientific vocabulary by using a hands on approach to learning. The school Growth Mindset ethos will promote independence, resilience and perseverance within Science.
Science is good when …
- Children are encouraged to have responsibility for conducting their own investigations and practical experiments.
- Children are exposed to a wide-range of scientific based experiences.
- Children ask questions and develop questioning based on results/ further knowledge.
- Children work collaboratively and share ideas with reasoning.
- It is inclusive, providing opportunities for all children to access a broad and exciting science curriculum.
- Children are engaged, enthused and challenged.