Medway Library Services
Free Resources from Medway Libraries
- 12,000+ eBooks and eAudiobooks for all ages – access via our website, the Libby app (Overdrive app if using a Kindle), or https://medway.overdrive.com/
- 130+ eMagazines- including Radio Times, BBC Good Food, Empire, Mojo, BBC History Magazine, Playstation, Top Gear, Match of the Day, Rugby World, National Geographic (including Kids and Little Kids editions), The Economist, Horse & Hound, Gardener’s World, Attitude, GQ, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Country Living, New Scientist, Q, and Viz. Our selection includes magazines on parenting, gardening, homes and interiors, nature, photography, art, sport, entertainment, craft, travel, family history, science, cars, trains, fitness, food, children’s, technology, and more. Access via our website, the RBDigital App, or http://www.rbdigital.com/medway/ Please note there are also lots of eMagazines on Pressreader, e.g. Beano (see Newspapers).
- 1,500+ eComics, including manga, The Witcher, Star Trek, X-Men, Umbrella Academy and Marvel titles such as the Avengers, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Thor, Loki, and more. There are also children’s titles and Disney comics, Popeye, My Little Pony and more. Access via our website, the RBDigital App, or http://www.rbdigital.com/medway/.
- Newspapers such as The Guardian, The Independent, The Kent Messenger, Newsweek and The Daily Telegraph, as well as a selection of children’s titles. Access via our website, the Pressreader app, or https://www.pressreader.com/catalog
- Family history website Ancestry. Visit https://medway.spydus.co.uk and sign in with your library card. Ancestry can be accessed via the drop down box from your name on the top right or in My Account on the left hand side.
- Online reference resources, such as Encyclopaedia Britannica (Junior, Student and Adult), Access to Research and Oxford Reference Online. The full links and access can be found here: https://www.medway.gov.uk/info/200181/libraries/68/online_reference_library
With a Medway Libraries card number and PIN, you and your family can access all the above for free.
To join the library and gain instant online access, please sign up here: https://www.medway.gov.uk/info/200181/libraries/53/join_the_library/1
When Medway Libraries reopen, please pop by any of our libraries to collect your physical card.
If you already have an account, but have forgotten your PIN, please click here:
Links to all the services and resources above can also be found on the Medway Libraries website (https://www.medway.gov.uk/libraries ). They can be accessed on a computer, smartphone, tablet and many eReaders.
If you need help or have any queries, please contact Emily Maycock at email@example.com